If you cannot establish a secure VPN connection (using the option "Protect connection VPN"), please follow these hints to rectify the most common issues.
- VPN Online Shield needs an active internet connection. Please make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Please make sure all available Windows updates have been installed and the system time and date are correct. If updates are missing or the system time is incorrect, issues with establishing encrypted connections can occur.
- You might be using an old, unsupported version. Please download the latest version, install it and try again.
- Please make sure Online Shield is not being blocked by firewalls, antivirus programs or your router configuration. Online Shield needs the ports 443 and 1193 to establish a connection, so forward/allow these in your configuration if necessary. It might also be necessary to allow/trust the processes "OnlineShieldClient.exe", "OnlineShieldService.exe" and "openvpn.exe" in your security programs. Please also make sure all your security programs are updated to the latest version.
- If other VPN-capable programs are installed on your system there might be a resource conflict. Please uninstall all VPN programs including Online Shield, reboot your system and then install only the Online Shield again. If this resolves the issue, but you also need the other VPN program to work alongside Online Shield, please contact our customer support and describe your situation so we can fix the issue or find a solution for your case.
- If everything else fails, please try a completely fresh reinstallation. You can use this tool to completely remove Online Shield: uninstall_sos.bat
Just download it, double click it and grant administrator rights when prompted and it will remove Online Shield including drivers, configuration files and registry entries. Afterwards, reboot your system, download the latest version, install it and try establishing a connection again.
If none of these hints help, please contact our customer support and describe your issue in as much detail as possible.